[Scribus] Simplified Chinese translation

Kite Lau kitelau
Mon Jan 16 09:45:47 CET 2006

?
> Kite,
>
> Are you able to test out bug 1493 in 1.3.x for us please?
>
> thanks
> Craig

Craig,

I cannot reproduce the problem in 1.3.x CVS using scim input method. I
would like to report other issues as following for Chinese input:

1. If Chinese fonts are not selected for current input text frame on the
canvas, no Chinese characters is input via scim input method, and you
only see blank.

2. Scim has the ability to let you input a "Chinese phrase" (something
like several Chinese characters) at a once. But only the first Chinese
character is shown on the fly within Scribus canvas for this operation.
In fact, all of them are there but only first one is shown (save and
reopen document shows the hidden ones). This does not happen within
story editor. Any hints? For the time being, I suggest to edit Chinese
within story editor.

3. Chinese fonts still eat too much mem if loaded into Scribus, say
normally 70-90%, in spite of 512MB mem that I have here :) Suppose if
they are loaded into gimp or other programs, they do not effect the mem
so much which is not noticeable. Am I comparing to the right target? I
think this need to be improved before it can be widely used to create
Chinese documents.

BTW:
One question: I am translating Scribus interface to Chinese, I would
like to know whether "master page" and "template" are actually the same
thing?

Regards,

Kite