[Scribus] Scribus page templates gripes

KS lists04
Fri Jan 13 00:41:51 CET 2006

Craig Ringer wrote:
> [KS] wrote:
>

>>However, when I apply the page template to a page I cannot edit any part
>>of the page. A right click anywhere on the page shows me options of
>>"Show Margins, Grids, Frames, etc.. etc".
>

> Page templates are currently static (read-only) common elements on a
> page. They're useful for common banners, footers, logos, etc, but not
> for (eg) providing a common text frame layout for a page.

And I thought I could edit it too. I hope we get the feature of tagging
an element to be editable or not in the template soon.

> "editable page templates" are a very often requested feature, and it's
> on the 1.3.x roadmap. Like many things, it's just a matter of priorities
> and time.
>
> In the mean time, you can usually do a lot of common page layout
> automation with a group in the scrapbook or with a python script.

being a noob in python it will take me more time than I have to get this
document done. I think I will do the following: make the section which I
don't want to edit (header, footer, page number) in the template, then
design the parts for the page and copy them as there are 81 pages which
will use the same layout.

If there is a better way to approach this, please advise. And I hope I
had subscribed to the list earlier. Thanks for all the advice.

Regards,
/kds