[Scribus] page number insert

Rick Pasotto rick
Thu Jan 12 14:55:42 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 04:06:11PM +0100, joke wrote:
> Hi friends,
> I work since few years on scribus (in french) and I am quite happy with
> it!! it's great job!
> I am actually finalize an edition of 50 pages that will be print on
> monday... and I have a problem which I can't find any solutions over the
> web (in my own language - french)... So I come to you guys... the
> problem is simple I made all the document already and I want to put the
> number of the pages automatically (numbering the pages exactly)... I do
> it by hand... because I can't the solution, I tried to use all the tips
> : ctrl+Alt+shit+P (change that to my own shortcut) nothing happen... I
> tried to use the insert->character->page number but nothing work...
> maybe I miss something somewhere but I become crazy to not find that...
> thanks a lot for your help.
>
> I am using Scribus 1.3.1

I, too, had trouble inserting a page number with the default setup. What
eventually worked was to goto 'Settings->Manage Keyboard Shortcuts' then
scroll down to 'Insert Page Number' and set it to a function key.

--
"The purpose of a police state, even a world wide one, is not to protect
 the citizens but to enshrine those in charge" -- Martin Lalko