[Scribus] Copying frame properties - with Scripter?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jan 8 16:32:00 CET 2006

I've been thinking about this issue of being able to copy properties
from one frame to another, and wondering whether one could write a
script to do this.

As I look through the Scribus manual, though, it doesn't seem that one
can get very many properties: if it's a text frame, one can get the
contents, its size, various things about line spacing,  font information
(though apparently only one type per frame). For image frames, the name
of the file, its scale. For both kinds, one can get line color/shade
(and other attributes like join type), fill color/shade, position,
width/height, how much rotation.

Someone might tell me if I'm missing some important features, but I want
to try to start by writing a script to list these, after which the next
step would be copying selected features to another frame.

Greg