[Scribus] Printing

Robert R. Di Giorgio bobdi
Sun Jan 8 06:26:23 CET 2006

Subject: Re: [Scribus] Printing To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
-0500 Jesus Arocho <jesus_arocho at comcast.net> wrote:

>> Ok, so I designed a couple of albums (pictures and text) and now want to print
>> one or two copies on gossy paper; any idea where I can send the pdf file?  My
>> wife had used a web service earlier in the year but the options in regards to
>> text and picture placement and arrangements are limited, hence Scribus.

Just one or two copies?  Why not find someone with a colour laser printer and
do them on that?

There is some really nice HP brand laser printer paper that you can find at
office supply stores.

Konica-Minolta has a new color laser "magicolor 2430DL" that is very moderately priced (list in the USA is about $500 but I found a store selling them for $349 and many stores including the Konica-Minolta online store were offering $100 discounts). It has network and USB connections and works with Linux as well as Windows and Mac. It works fine with Scribus pdf files. There is a duplexer attachment available for printing on both sides and an 500-sheet second tray also available.