[Scribus] Exporting to PDF

Calum Polwart scribus
Sat Jan 7 01:49:54 CET 2006

> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 01:36 +0100, PLinnell wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 07 January 2006 00:29, Calum Polwart wrote:
> > > Could someone explain a little thing to me?  On Export to PDF there
> > > is an option labelled:
> > >
> > > "Resolution for EPS Graphics:"
> > >
> > There are two ways to import EPS files:
> >
> > 1) You can import EPS file which are vector and/or text directly into
> > Scribus and then they are native Scribus objects. In almost all
> > cases, this is the preferred method.
> > 2) If you draw an image frame, then import, the EPS is imported as a
> > rasterized bitmap using Ghostscript and then upon either print or PDF
> > export, it is exported with the dpi setting in the PDF dialog.
> >
> > Case 2 is the only way to import EPS files which have embedded bitmaps
> > currently.

OK my EPS doesn't contain bitmaps (although the original SVG did - they
were deleted - they were just used to trace a diagram that was [badly]
scanned)
BUT -- File/Import has no enabled options unless I've drawn a text box?
(I've had simillar issues like this before with OO.o importer and was
told that it hadn't been compiled in... since I'll be recompiling the
CVS tomorrow hopefully to then do automated updates... what would I need
to do to compile this in? [would have assumed it would default since its
the preferred method!]

> > This is explained in detail in the docs under Help > Scribus >
> > Importing > Importing EPS.

Off to read... Sorry!