[Scribus] Exporting to PDF

Calum Polwart scribus
Sat Jan 7 00:29:32 CET 2006

Could someone explain a little thing to me?  On Export to PDF there is
an option labelled:

"Resolution for EPS Graphics:"

Does this mean that my line drawings are converted to 'bit map' before
they are exported to PDF?  This seems a touch wasteful?

I've just done an export using a single EPS Graphic - which according to
'Info' is 102dpi (why??  Why would an EPS graphic have a DPI at all?)

I set the export settings to 300dpi for EPS graphics, and left the JPEG
at 72dpi where it had been for a web export.

The result is a bitty illustration...

So - does Scribus convert my EPS to bitmap?  Is there an alternative
that will leave my illustrations (from Inkscape, but containing text so
SVG is no good!) intact?

Calum