[Scribus] How to update a link?

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jan 2 21:36:10 CET 2006

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:13:26 +0100
> Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>>Anyway, it is an interesting question if image frames should keep the
>>behaviour chosen in the properties palette or if they should switch back
>>to default after changing the content.
>

> What about a dialog box that asks "Restore Properties to default? (Y/N)" if the
> properties are not at the default and the image is changed.  Best of both
> worlds, as it were.

Perhaps. It's not necessarily a useful prompt, though, when Scribus
should be able to figure it out its self 95% of the time. All we should
really need to do is compare the image dimensions and resolution, and if
they're the same we can make the reasonable assumption that the user
probably just moved the image, or is replacing it with one they'd
probably like to be positioned the same.

Sure, it'll be wrong some of the time, but the user can easily just fix
those odd cases. I suspect it'd be a lot better than bugging them with a
dialog all the time.

--
Craig Ringer