[Scribus] [OT] Re: 'Adobe will release a full feature version of Acrobat for Linux.'

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b
Thu Feb 23 20:17:43 CET 2006

Am 23.02.06, 11:46 -0600 schrieb Nathan Turnage:

> On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:30 AM, ?ukasz Jerna? wrote:
>
> > Dnia czwartek, 23 lutego 2006 18:01, Christoph Sch?fer napisa?:
> > >
> > > I think it was a chair I saw just flying across the sky ...
> >
> > I don't think Steve B. can read Spanish. But it's good to see that
> > they're
> > seriously looking into Linux, I hope they will take the Adobe Reader
> > approach
> > not the Wine one (like Google)...
> >
> > --
> > ?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
>
> It would be the first time that Adobe has written fresh code in a long time.
> They still haven't completely cleaned up Illustrator or Photoshop on OSX. Lots
> of legacy code in both. I am curious how (un)stable Illustrator will be on the
> Intel chips.
>
> With linux, there will be no legacy code (hooray), so they will be even
> better. What I really want to see is a concerted effort to get professional
> level color correction environment set up on linux. Something a little more
> robust than little cms.

What are your concerns regarding little cms? Which version is install for
you?

In a side by side session with PS and CinePaint on osX, I had no issues
with plain CMYK files. Images appeared nearly identical. To be fair, PDF
rendering is obviously different.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management