[Scribus] [OT] Re: 'Adobe will release a full feature version of Acrobat for Linux.'

Hal V. Engel hvengel
Thu Feb 23 19:21:54 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 09:46 am, Nathan Turnage wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:30 AM, ?ukasz Jerna? wrote:
> > Dnia czwartek, 23 lutego 2006 18:01, Christoph Sch?fer napisa?:
> >> I think it was a chair I saw just flying across the sky ...
> >
> > I don't think Steve B. can read Spanish. But it's good to see that
> > they're
> > seriously looking into Linux, I hope they will take the Adobe Reader
> > approach
> > not the Wine one (like Google)...
> >
> > --
> > ?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
>
> It would be the first time that Adobe has written fresh code in a long
> time. They still haven't completely cleaned up Illustrator or Photoshop
> on OSX. Lots of legacy code in both. I am curious how (un)stable
> Illustrator will be on the Intel chips.
>
> With linux, there will be no legacy code (hooray), so they will be even
> better. What I really want to see is a concerted effort to get
> professional level color correction environment set up on linux.
> Something a little more robust than little cms.
>

> Nathan Turnage

There is lots of work underway in the color management area for OSS systems.
If you are interested in following this you should join the OpenICC email
list or perhaps read through the archives.  In a year or so I would expect
that there will be a significant level of integration of CM tools on Linux
systems that is comparable to what is currently available on Windows.  Maybe
even a little more advanced.  The main thing that is holding this back is a
need for more volunteers to move this forward at a faster pace.  On the
OpenICC Wiki there is a list of current projects in this area.   If you are
able to contribute you should contact one of those projects and volunteer.
I am sure that every one of these projects can use both technical and
non-technical help.

Hal