[Scribus] Three quick questions

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Feb 23 02:03:58 CET 2006

Hi John,

given my English is far from perfect, I'll try to answer your questions.

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 00:05 schrieb John R. Culleton:
> Doing a newsletter, my first live Scribus project.
> 1. How do I tell Scribus to put a rule between columns?

I suppose with "rule" you mean a line? You can draw it manually. If you need
it on each page, create a master page. Automatic creation of dividing rules
is yet to come. In case you mean distance: Properties palette > Shape > Gap.

> 2. How do I box in a head or subhead with rules?

Same as before. You can also underline the text, either in the properties
palette, the Story Editor, or by creating an underlined paragraph style for
each type of header you need (which is less flexible, at least in 1.2x).

> 3. Is the  story editor that thing I get when I right click on a
> text box and choose "edit text"?

Yes.

Cheers,

Christoph