[Scribus] Feature Request: Making it easier to add graphics

David Spagnol davecs
Thu Feb 16 16:17:36 CET 2006

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:19:25 +0100
> From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] Feature Request: Making it easier to add
> 	graphics
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 00:03, Calum Polwart wrote:

>>> Good idea, please submit a request on bugs.scribus.net.
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>
>> But do we not already have that feature??
>>
>> In Gnome when I open File Browser and R-click an image and select copy I
>> get the file name (without file://) and that can be pasted (R-click or
>> Ctrl-V) into the file name field on the Get Image dialogue and it works.
>>
>> Granted if it comes with file:/// at the start it breaks!  But you only
>> need to delete file:// manually...
>>
>> Perhaps this only works in Gnome?
>>

> He wants to paste the file URL into the image frame instead of even using get
> text.
>
> Craig

Calum's point is fair, but I have experienced the following:

On attempting to paste the path of the graphic into the text box in Get
Picture, it has (in KDE) refused to paste! I have then clicked on the
KDE Klipper (Clipboard tool) and selected the same text, then it has
pasted. Then of course I had to delete the "file://" bit in order to
make the import work. In fact I posted a HOW-TO at the PCLinuxOS site:
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=874.0
Scribus is OpenSource software, thanks to all the developers here, that
means it is of course available to people who could not afford high-end
DTP programs. So people who want accurate layout, whether they are
producing a 200-page professional glossy magazine, or just want to make
the best use of a photo within a given sized frame, will find Scribus a
meets their needs. Simplifying the User-Interface (DigiKam to front >
right click thumbnail > Copy > Scribus to front > Drag out Picture Frame
 > Paste) would appeal to any user.
Anyway, I don't see it as a bug, but if them's the rules, I will post at
bugs.scribus.net.

Cheers, guys for such great work. I haven't posted much lately because I
haven't come up with any ideas for a while but I do keep up with
developments!

DAVE