[Scribus] Feature Request: Making it easier to add graphics

David Spagnol davecs
Wed Feb 15 22:11:32 CET 2006

On the Right-click menu for a picture frame, there is an item "Get
Picture ...". Could I request a new item "Paste Picture Path"

Why is this? Well if I run DigiKam in Linux, and Right-Click > Copy on a
thumbnail, the pasted contents of the clipboard are something like:

file:///home/davecs/Data/clipart/Camera/2006/01/07/r0012645.jpg

(this is obviously a specific path on my system)

Now perhaps if this were another program, the paste may have been:

/home/davecs/Data/clipart/Camera/2006/01/07/r0012645.jpg

or someone using the windows version may be

C:\My Pictures\2006\01\07\r0012645.jpg or even file:///c:/My
Pictures/2006/01/07/r0012645.jpg

But what I ask is that if an attempt is made to paste and from the text
on the clipboard, a valid graphic file can be located, then that graphic
will populate that picture frame. It would make it easier for users to
drop in graphics from other cataloguing programs.

DAVE