[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Feb 15 21:40:41 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 21:28 schrieb Riku Leino:
> Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > At this point, I would ask if this does reflect the reality of most
> > workflows. I suspect the answer is no, unless one only works for one
> > company with a few standard fonts, and in this case, the most used font
> > would be chosen in general settings. The advantage of separating document
> > and general prefs is flexibility plus clear separation.
>
> Of course it's ok if you know what you're doing. I'd think defaults are set
> ok where ever Scribus is used for something more pro-like work. This is
> just something I always run when I've deleted the scribus prefs directory.
>
> > To be honest, I don't see a win here. See above and my previous posting.
> > I think the likeliness of confusing both settings and messing things up
> > is bigger in the setup you suggest. But then, this is only my personal
> > opinion. I can live with both options :)
>
> Hehe these have been my personal opinions too and you still don't seem to
> get my point here.

I did. I even suggested the same yesterday. But after reading the opinion of
others, I had to change my mind :)

> It's exactly what you've suggested (two prefs). Only
> difference being the ability to apply to both only by using only one of
> them.

Problem is, both dialogs aren't 100 % identical. So one would have to add new
code to have the options only available in "general" to be greyed out. And I
don't know if a user will immediately understand why this is the case.

> I'm fine with the current setup too and will shut up now :)

Why? Usability is _very_ important, and these issues need to be discussed :)

Cheers,

Christoph