[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Riku Leino tsoots
Wed Feb 15 21:28:47 CET 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> At this point, I would ask if this does reflect the reality of most
> workflows. I suspect the answer is no, unless one only works for one
> company with a few standard fonts, and in this case, the most used font
> would be chosen in general settings. The advantage of separating document
> and general prefs is flexibility plus clear separation.
Of course it's ok if you know what you're doing. I'd think defaults are set ok
where ever Scribus is used for something more pro-like work. This is just
something I always run when I've deleted the scribus prefs directory.

> To be honest, I don't see a win here. See above and my previous posting. I
> think the likeliness of confusing both settings and messing things up is
> bigger in the setup you suggest. But then, this is only my personal
> opinion. I can live with both options :)

Hehe these have been my personal opinions too and you still don't seem to get
my point here. It's exactly what you've suggested (two prefs). Only
difference being the ability to apply to both only by using only one of them.
I'm fine with the current setup too and will shut up now :)