[Scribus] Booklet print

Calum Polwart scribus
Wed Feb 15 19:41:13 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 17:08 +0100, Karl Sinn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch 15 Februar 2006 16:30 schrieb MaHan:
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet
>
> Great instruction, but it fails. At least in my case. Kprinter leaves a big
> space between the two pages that should be together.

How are you printing to Kprinter?  Are you using Acroread? Is enlarge
small pages to paper size set?  Acroread explands to paper size but puts
a small white margin in.

But then again those are funny dimensions - your single pages should be
A5 (i.e. ?c. 148 x 210) Why have you used this size in scribus??

To fit without any issues psutils would need to enlarge your scribus doc
by 1.41 times in 1 direction and 1.29times in the other direction.  That
would be disastrous so it uses probably the 1.29 and so you get white
space and the white space is probably centred.

If you are stuck with 105 x 163 the I suggest you actually make the
booklet on either 210 x 163 or 105 x 326 (I can't tell which way you are
laying things out. But basically set a custom page size - you'll need to
tweak the psutils settings in the filter of kprinter.

Once you have that you can then re-print that again using Acroread and
this time ask it to scale to paper size and you'll get close...
(although you'll have an exterior white margin but the left and right
pages will touch...

> Is that because of the page-size? My single pages are 105x163mm big and I want
> to print on A4.
>
> Or is this a bug of KDE/psutils?
> Or me? :-)

The alternative is to use multivalent which is a free java command line
tool (not open source) - but again it'll need the page sizes to make
sense first.