[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Feb 15 10:38:19 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:04:09PM -0500, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Is there a problem having this ? la Quark? Basically, with no document
> open (like for font path in Scribus) the changes will affect all new
> documents. When working on a document, the specs can be edited to suit a
> specific need and these new settings will remain attached to that
> document. A dialog will warn you if there are any changes and if you
> want to keep document settings or apply the app settings.

That's how 1.2.x does it IIRC, and it caused enough confusion that it
was changed in the 1.3.x series. I know the users at work still find the
Quark behaviour confusing even after literally 10 years of use (though
they're not the most computer literate or logical folks I'm afraid).

There's something to be said for doing it the way some other big player
does it, but in this case I think the Quark approach is rather less than
ideal.

--
Craig Ringer