[Scribus] .sla import revisited

KS lists04
Sun Feb 12 17:37:52 CET 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Lee Wiggers wrote:
>

>>I have used Century Schoolbook L Roman for nearly everything, but the
>>resulting .pdf is a mishmash of different fonts.
>

> Lee,
>
>    I noticed that the fonts in one text frame were not what I specified. Went
> roung and round on this looking for the reason ... then it hit me: check the
> fonts tab on the pdf specification dialog box. In my case, the fonts for that
> box were in the list widget as available, but not in the list widget as
> embedded in the final document. As soon as I corrected that the problem went
> away.
>
> Rich

I have been using Scribus continuously for a little more than a month
now and have been nothing but highly impressed by its performance.This
dicussion reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day. I
usually check the box "Embed Fonts" to make it easier for others to view
the pdf I generate with Scribus. What are the situations in which I can
get away with not checking the box to embed fonts?

I would assume that if you are using some special fonts, embedding them
would be necessary. But that is the case, when doesn't Scribus remember
my option of embedding the fonts? I have to make sure that I check it
everytime I want to make a pdf (non PDF/X-3) which does become a little
annoying if you are generating the pdf 4-5times in half an hour!

Regards,
/kds