[Scribus] Hyphenation

Rich Shepard rshepard
Sun Feb 12 00:27:46 CET 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> Please have look at bugs/RFEs 1475, 2897, 3159, 3094, 1579, 577, 1130,
> 2576, 1108, 417, and 1155. The short answer is: the issues with hyphenation
> are already known and will be addressed by the developers.

Christoph,

   I thought that this was a known issue. And, I'm sure that if it was simple
to fix it would no longer be taking up so much space in the bug list. :-) I'm
patient.

> If you don't want a word to be hyphenated, you can remove the hyphen when
> you see Scribus' suggestion.

   I've done this -- or clicked on "Skip."

> To add hyphens manually, you can hit Ctrl+- in 1.2x and Ctrl+Shift+- in
> 1.3x. You can do this in text frames, no need to switch on SE.

   Ah! That's what I was hoping to learn.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"