[Scribus] Hyphenation

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Feb 12 00:24:28 CET 2006

Hi Rich,

Am Sonntag, 12. Februar 2006 00:09 schrieb Rich Shepard:
>    Does Scribus build a hyphenation dictionary? When I import text from
> OO.o I am asked for possible hyphenation points each time the word appears.
> And, if the word appears in multiple imported texts, I'm asked for the same
> word again.

Please have look at bugs/RFEs 1475, 2897, 3159, 3094, 1579, 577, 1130, 2576,
1108, 417, and 1155. The short answer is: the issues with hyphenation are
already known and will be addressed by the developers.

>    Also, when I see how Scribus has laid out the text in the frame, I see
> possible hyphenations that better fit the line (or words that should not
> have been hyphenated). Can I manually change this in the story editor using
> magic codes?

If you don't want a word to be hyphenated, you can remove the hyphen when you
see Scribus' suggestion. To add hyphens manually, you can hit Ctrl+- in 1.2x
and Ctrl+Shift+- in 1.3x. You can do this in text frames, no need to switch
on SE.

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

HTH,