[Scribus] GIMP and the future of Open Source DTP

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Tue Feb 7 14:03:15 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 7. Februar 2006 13:38 schrieb Tino Schwarze:

> > closed source alternative, Pixel by Pavel Kanzelsberger, being developed
> > for many platforms including Linux.
>
> Last time I looked at Pixel, it promised to support CMYK but didn't.
> IIRC images were converted to RGB upon import.

CMYK, CMYK image import and colour management is working now; however, as I
said, Pixel is under development with bugs, missing documentation etc., but
it develops very rapidly and is very promising. There are free demos
downloadable.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--