[Scribus] Status of Indic language support in Scribus (Gora Mohanty)

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Thu Feb 2 21:37:20 CET 2006

Gora Mohanty napisa?(a):
> --- MaHan <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> [...]
>
>>Hi Suki and Co!
>>Before you go off list, please consider creating a
>>simple Scribus Wiki page devoted to this topic:
>>current status, open questions, samples, people to
>>contact just in case, etc...
>

> At least as per the few experiments that I have tried, Scribus support
> for
> Indic fonts is quite limited. So, I am not sure that it would be of
> much
> use right now to start to list bugs in Indic rendering that are
> specific
> to Scribus. This topic could be revisited when Indic support is added
> Scribus.

Fully agreed.

After the next few days, I am going to start an effort within
> IndLinux to put together an exhaustive set of tests for Indic
> rendering.
> Links to these will go on the IndLinux wiki, and I will post to this
> list,
> providing a link to the wiki entry. How does that sound?

It would be a good start, IMHO. I would also consider useful some info
about the current status  (i.e. "No support" for the time being, "In
progress" in a couple of months?),  links/descriptions of various Indian
localisation teams, perhaps place where testers to be could add their
contact info, links to good fonts incl. descriptions, etc... Since there
has been several mails regarding this topic (e.g. search the list for
"Devangari"), it would be good to have a page with basic information, to
direct people to it, first.

Please let me know off list, if you need a Wiki account.

cheers
Maciej