[Scribus] importing multi-page pdf

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 2 14:05:50 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 02:51, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Christoph Scha"fer wrote:
> > Hi Craig,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2006 00:52 schrieb Craig Bradney:
> >> I happened to move some of the code around today for PDF import. I guess
> >> I'll have a go at doing this within Scribus automagically.
> >>
> >> What are peoples thoughts on the destination frames? IE, apart from the
> >> 1st, I would have to create new frames for the subsequent pages.
> >> ???????????????????
> >
> > Maybe you can have a look at bugs 1094 and 2269 where you'll find some
> > reasonable suggestions.
> >
> > IMHO, an import dialog with multiple options would be the way to go.
>
> What would be the product of importing a multipage PDF? Put another way,
> what is the "<PAGEOBJECT>" that would be incorporated into the Scribus
> document? Is it a single-page PDF or is it converted to something else?
> Perhaps there would be a possibility of importing to frames or
> pseudoframes in the Scrapbook?
> It would be convenient if a single-page PDF were simply imported, but if
> more than one page, then you get some kind of requestor.

At the moment they are only imported into image frames, so my thoughts are
just giving the option to create the image frames for each of the pages
requested to import. They need to have a page to be placed on though. They
could all just be dumped to the page the first one is on, or new pages
created for each..etc.

Craig