[Scribus] importing multi-page pdf

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Feb 2 02:51:16 CET 2006

Christoph Scha"fer wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2006 00:52 schrieb Craig Bradney:
>
>> I happened to move some of the code around today for PDF import. I guess
>> I'll have a go at doing this within Scribus automagically.
>>
>> What are peoples thoughts on the destination frames? IE, apart from the
>> 1st, I would have to create new frames for the subsequent pages.
>> ???????????????????
>>

> Maybe you can have a look at bugs 1094 and 2269 where you'll find some
> reasonable suggestions.
>
> IMHO, an import dialog with multiple options would be the way to go.

What would be the product of importing a multipage PDF? Put another way,
what is the "<PAGEOBJECT>" that would be incorporated into the Scribus
document? Is it a single-page PDF or is it converted to something else?
Perhaps there would be a possibility of importing to frames or
pseudoframes in the Scrapbook?
It would be convenient if a single-page PDF were simply imported, but if
more than one page, then you get some kind of requestor.

Greg