[Scribus] Graphics turn into black boxes

Owen Cook rcook
Thu Dec 28 08:21:11 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 12:55:45AM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I am currently using Scribus 1.3.3.6 on Fedora Core 6, but this has been
> happening for some time; I think on Fedora Core 5 as well.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to get a colour-separated PDF
> directly from Scribus.  The only way to do it is to print-to-file and use
> something like ps2pdf to create a PDF from that output.
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/Scribus_test.tar.bz2
>
> This contains a Scribus .sla file, a gif graphic, a .ps file and a pdf file.
>
> The graphic shows fine in Scribus, and it also shows fine if I directly export
> a PDF from Scribus.
>
> But if I print-to-file and use ps2pdf to create a PDF from that, it comes out
> as a black box.

Hi,

I haven't looked at your your bz2 file, but if you go tp Print->Options->Select
"Print_Separations" and then run ps2pdf you will get a 4 page pdf with all the separations.

Or have you been there and don that?

Owen