[Scribus] Graphics turn into black boxes

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Thu Dec 28 07:55:45 CET 2006

I am currently using Scribus 1.3.3.6 on Fedora Core 6, but this has been
happening for some time; I think on Fedora Core 5 as well.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to get a colour-separated PDF
directly from Scribus.  The only way to do it is to print-to-file and use
something like ps2pdf to create a PDF from that output.

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/Scribus_test.tar.bz2

This contains a Scribus .sla file, a gif graphic, a .ps file and a pdf file.

The graphic shows fine in Scribus, and it also shows fine if I directly export
a PDF from Scribus.

But if I print-to-file and use ps2pdf to create a PDF from that, it comes out
as a black box.