[Scribus] My PDF file was printed not right by a factory

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Mon Dec 25 14:04:11 CET 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 12:35:51PM +0800, Kite Lau wrote:

> > > One newbie question, does a printer need Acrobat Professional to handle
> > > PDF printing, or simply free Acrobat Reader will do?
> > >
> > All I have is Adobe Reader, and it seems to do just fine, Linux or Windows.
>
> Sorry I mean PDF to film output (not PDF to paper printing). Does your
> answer apply to this too?

I suppose, there's no generic answer. The print shop setups are too
diverse to say anything about it in general. Newer printing equipment
directly supports PDF, older maybe doesn't. And even if the equipment
supports it, the people might not use that capability because of lack of
knowlege, "we always did it that way" etc.

Bye,

Tino.

--
www.quantenfeuerwerk.de