[Scribus] printable border for a table?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Dec 19 23:57:27 CET 2006

Adam Lafayette wrote:
> I have been trying to find a way to put a printing border on tables.
> I have figured out how to put a border on text boxes but it doesn't seem
> to be working for me with tables.  Can this be done in scribus currently?
>
> I'm running scribus 1.3.3.6 on Windows XP.

This is a little tricky for reasons that are unclear to me. You cannot
make a line/border around the entire table in one fell swoop.
If you double-click a cell in the table to select it, you will see
appear at the bottom of the shape tab of Properties an ability to make
the borders print a line, each side one-by-one, after which line styles
and color would apply.
If you want to make a border around the entire table, it might be
easiest to make a frame of one kind or another with a transparent
background on top of the table with the appropriate dimensions.

Greg