[Scribus] Windows 2000 and GDI+

Jean Ghali jghali
Fri Dec 8 11:35:13 CET 2006

Barry McKenna wrote:

> 2. As for redistributing, I'm not sure that you are restricted from
> redistributing GDI+. However, I'm not a lawyer, and my perception of any
> subtle snags in the EULA may not be the best, but the redist.txt concludes
> with this:

Hello,

The critical sentence is located in the license.txt file :
(d) you do not permit further redistribution of the Redistributable
Components by your end-user customers
This precise clause is incompatible with the GPL under which Scribus is
distributed and is the reason why we do not redistribute GDI+.

Jean