[Scribus] Linux's font system

Jan Kandziora jjj
Mon Dec 4 21:38:29 CET 2006

Am Montag, 4. Dezember 2006 20:47 schrieb wtb41:

> My reply: I see your point about the cache, but you and I seem to differ as
> to where the
> font "installation" process begins and ends. As to System fonts, I say font
> installation ends
> before the system is booted, and as to Personal fonts, I say font
> installation for application Z
> ends before application Z is launched. I contend that font installation is
> merely a font-file
> location (or placement) process--putting the font files where the system or
> an application
> will find them. Such a placement process involves no cache (neither
> building a cache nor
> consulting a cache).

So how's your idea of "font installation" related to reality? -- Not at all.
"So better change your idea", wise man would say here.

Well in linux, however, you always have the chance to change reality to fit
your ideas. Don't hesitate to propose a set of (well formed) patches!

Kind regards

	Jan
--
"When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just
stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system,