[Scribus] Linux's font system

Pierre Marchand capparis
Mon Dec 4 20:22:36 CET 2006

Le Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:58:07 -0800 (PST), wtb41 <wtb at hal-pc.org> m'a
transmis le message suivant :

> Craig Ringer wrote:
> >I don't think that's really true except on Mac OS 9 with a font
> >manager like Suitcase or ATM installed. Most other OSes don't really
> >draw the distinction to the same extent.
>
> My reply: The System fonts v. Personal font division exists on my
> Linux system. For example,
> when I enter fonts:/ into Konqueror's location bar, I immediately am
> presented with a menu
> with 2 options: (1) fonts:/Personal/  and (2) fonts:/System/.
> Furthermore, the font installer that
> is part of the KDE package also has that dichotomy. One needs SU
> status to install system fonts.
Because there are fonts installed in ~/.fonts on which you have
"read" and "write" perms and there in some other locations where youjust
have "read" permissions. The first are you're personnal fonts.

--
Pierre Marchand
JabberId : capparis at im.apinc.org

Dec  4 20:16:51 localhost imapd: LOGIN, user=pierre,
ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP