[Scribus] Linux's font system

wtb41 wtb
Mon Dec 4 18:58:07 CET 2006

Craig Ringer wrote:
>I don't think that's really true except on Mac OS 9 with a font manager
>like Suitcase or ATM installed. Most other OSes don't really draw the
>distinction to the same extent.

My reply: The System fonts v. Personal font division exists on my Linux
system. For example,
when I enter fonts:/ into Konqueror's location bar, I immediately am
presented with a menu
with 2 options: (1) fonts:/Personal/  and (2) fonts:/System/. Furthermore,
the font installer that
is part of the KDE package also has that dichotomy. One needs SU status to
install system fonts.