[Scribus] Linux's font system

Jan Kandziora jjj
Mon Dec 4 20:01:38 CET 2006

Am Montag, 4. Dezember 2006 19:46 schrieb wtb41:
> My "installation"
> of the 4 fonts included no building of a cache. Scribus my have built a
> cache, but that is not part of the installation process; it is something
> that happens after installation (as part of the loading process).

You talk about *4* fonts. In a usual system, you have about 400 and more at
hand. It's no fun to build the font metrics for that many fonts any time X is
started. That's why there is a disk cache which is updated only on font
installation.

Kind regards

	Jan
--
So here's a picture of reality: (picture of circle with lots of sqiggles
in it) As we all know, reality is a mess.