[Scribus] Default command for starting scribus 1.3.x

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Tue Aug 29 18:33:17 CEST 2006

Axel,

You could've saved yourself a lot of grief by using a very easy procedure to
rebuild my source package on your syste. http://debian.scribus.net has the
info in the

Building from a source package for other Debian-based distributions section
and below that. As an example,

#apt-get install apt-build
#apt-build update
#apt-build install scribus-ng

is all you would've needed to do to get a proper .deb package built for your
hardware, which would be installable/removable cleanly using synaptic,
aptitude, or other package management tools. Building from the original
upstream .tar.bz2 source is so last century on any Debian/Ubuntu system.

And as to why there is no AMD64 scribus or scribus-ng package in our
repositories - I just don't have access to such hardware. However, both
current scribus and scribus-ng are built for AMD64 in the main Debian archive.
I don't know what ubuntu builds.

Regards,

Alex.

* Axel Bojer <axelb at skolelinux.no> [2006-08-26 18:54:24 +0200]: