[Scribus] Strange behavior of an image frame

Axel Bojer axelb
Tue Aug 29 02:15:57 CEST 2006

Axel Bojer skrev:
> Help!
> I am using the 1.3.3-version of Scribus, compiled from source the other
> day :-)
>
> I tried to import an image in Scribus into an image frame. So far so
> well. But then I wanted a bit space around it, and no matter what I do I
> cant find a good way to do this. The Properties box shows a tab named
> Form, wich seems to be able to do what I want, but almost everything
> there is grayed out. (What is not, is the possibility to change the form
> and to flow the text around it, either around the form or around the
> frame, and this works somehow - see screenshot below).
> The problem with this is, that the distance given as a standard (0.353
> mm) in the ?Form? tab of the properties box seems only to be applied on
> the right hand side, and not on the left. This makes it tedious to
> overcome the problem :-(
> Screenshot:
>      http://developer.skulelinux.no/~axelb/scribus-frozen-image-frame.png
>
> I also tried the script from here:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Making_an_Empty_Space_Around_an_Image_Frame
> but it gives me an unchangeble distance of 0.353 mm on the right hand
> side too, and still not any possibility to change the flow distance :-/
>
> Any ideas anyone before I take Gimp and make this (unregular) frame per
> hand? (would be a pity, and more work than if this just worked, but if
> it is the only possibility ...)
>
> This seems related to:
>      http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1137
> But not quite ...
> ... and it mentiones:
> ?try turning on the contour line and editing it (edit shape under shape
> tab, select edit contour line).? ... but this only gives me space to the
> right and the bottom (... and, by the way, the undo-finction dont take
> this space back, it jumps over this change and goes to the former)

Ah, finally, I have to check the box ?Edit contour marks? and then use
the ?Enlarge the size ot the path?-button.
... or (a bit cumbersome) drag the blue lines manually (eventually with
the spin box) and edit each four of the corner points.

But I still dont get it why does boxes I *wanted* to use are grey ...
What are they for, and when can I use them?