[Scribus] Strange behavior of an image frame

Axel Bojer axelb
Tue Aug 29 01:42:05 CEST 2006

Help!
I am using the 1.3.3-version of Scribus, compiled from source the other
day :-)

I tried to import an image in Scribus into an image frame. So far so
well. But then I wanted a bit space around it, and no matter what I do I
cant find a good way to do this. The Properties box shows a tab named
Form, wich seems to be able to do what I want, but almost everything
there is grayed out. (What is not, is the possibility to change the form
and to flow the text around it, either around the form or around the
frame, and this works somehow - see screenshot below).
The problem with this is, that the distance given as a standard (0.353
mm) in the ?Form? tab of the properties box seems only to be applied on
the right hand side, and not on the left. This makes it tedious to
overcome the problem :-(
Screenshot:
     http://developer.skulelinux.no/~axelb/scribus-frozen-image-frame.png

I also tried the script from here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Making_an_Empty_Space_Around_an_Image_Frame
but it gives me an unchangeble distance of 0.353 mm on the right hand
side too, and still not any possibility to change the flow distance :-/

Any ideas anyone before I take Gimp and make this (unregular) frame per
hand? (would be a pity, and more work than if this just worked, but if
it is the only possibility ...)

This seems related to:
     http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1137
But not quite ...
... and it mentiones:
?try turning on the contour line and editing it (edit shape under shape
tab, select edit contour line).? ... but this only gives me space to the
right and the bottom (... and, by the way, the undo-finction dont take
this space back, it jumps over this change and goes to the former)

Best regards
Axel Bojer