[Scribus] on-screen ruler (was: (no subject))

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Mon Aug 28 12:19:44 CEST 2006

Hi Deepak,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 03:44:25PM +0530, Deepak Mishra wrote:

> I am a very beginner in DTP, by beginner I mean i downloaded scribus for the
> first time last week, but am a quick learner.
> I am using it to design my college magazine. The problem is - when i make a
> new document of say size A4, the size displayed on screen does not match the
> actual A4 size of the paper. The ruler displayer on screen does match with
> the physical ruler i have, the on screen ruler is a bit shorter.
> Forgive for asking such a dumb question, but do answer it.

This is probably an issue with your operating system. What OS are you
running Scribus on? I suppose, Scribus just takes the DPI value from
your OS and uses it to calculate screen dimensions.

Bye,

Tino.