[Scribus] 1.3.3.4 and higher - version management questions

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Sat Aug 19 15:21:51 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:29:04 +0200, Plinnell <mrdocs at scribus.info> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 August 2006 03:29, Gustavo Homem wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a rough roadmap for the current "stable" branch?
>>
>> Since 1.3.3.3 seems to be the  best version for production usage
>> (in terms of stability vs features compromise) it would be very
>> interesting to know, which bugs are scheduled for a fix.
>>
>> Another thing: for production use it is very important to keep
>> track of the program changes. and upgrades must be carefully
>> planned.
>>
>> However, seems that with the current development model, the bugs
>> are resolved on the main 1.3.x branch and then backported to
>> 1.3.3.x. In this case, they get marked as "fixed in 1.3.x", right?
>> We then miss the oportunity to keep track of the changes to the
>> stable 1.3.3.x version via bug tracker.
>>
>> (ex: for 1.3.3.3 I only find one resolved bug)
>>
>> Would it be possible to explicitly list all the resolved bugs on
>> the 1.3.3.x release notes?
>>
>> Note that I am only suggesting this for 1.3.3.x, where changes are
>> mostly bugfixes.
>>
>> Best regards and thanks
>> Gustavo
>
> Hi,
>
> All the changes are listed here:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php

But how is this changelog produced? Looking at the "fixed in" field on the bug entry?

> This same change log  is included in the source tarball and sometimes
> packaged in /usr/share/scribus-$version/doc depending on how its
> packaged.
>
> When we fix a bug in 1.3.3.x you can assume that 1.3.4cvs either does
> not have the issue or it has been fixed as well.

My question is: when a bug is fixed on 1.3.X and it is then backported to 1.3.3.Y, what will the "fixed in" field say about it?

If it says 1.3.X we will miss it in the changelog for 1.3.3.Y isn't it?

Best regards
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt