[Scribus] A question and a problem

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Aug 16 15:17:38 CEST 2006

> what is the difference between a "cvs" version (for ex. Scribus 1.3.3
> csv win32 snapshot [why "snapshot"?]) and a "normal" version like 1.3.3.3?

CVS is the versioning control system we currently use. Once we release a
milestone (like all target features and bugs for a release), we make a
release version like 1.3.3.3. We then continue work on 1.3.3.4cvs until we
release 1.3.3.4. We may release a snapshot in the middle of a development
period which is like a mini release, and is often done on platforms like OSX
and Windows XP where people do not want to or cannot build themselves.

Craig