[Scribus] Problem with Linux Libertine

Plinnell mrdocs
Fri Aug 11 01:00:10 CEST 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 21:38, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I don't know if this is a Scribus-problem, but: I installed the
> Linux-Libertine-Fonts (http://linuxlibertine.sourceforge.net/).
>
> When using it in Scribus, I can just use the Bold-versions ... ? I
> tried it in OpenOffice (don't beat me), and there are also
> "non-bold"-versions :-)
>
> Btw.: Anybody who knows a nice, OpenSource-font like the Times for
> magazines ... ???
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

None which are open source except for the updated URW fonts from
Artifex.

I can recommend Lido STF as it is freely downloadable, but not for
commercial use. It is a very good font overall.

http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Web_Links&req=viewlink&cid=3

One thing the main web site does have is an extensive (100+) set of
links for questions like that.

Cheers,

Peter