[Scribus] scribus 1.3.* /&/ ng object problem

stu seven stu7seven
Mon Aug 7 23:33:45 CEST 2006

*    Craig -  I think this is a place where Scribus could be
easily(?) improved for all users.
     Here is my suggestion... how about hardcoding this
"nudge distance" to one PT - where, points, I believe, are
already an international graphic standard... with this, allow
each user to set their page dimensions according to local
measurement standards, be that INCHES / Metric or whatever.
     As stated in my original post, I find the one-point fine-tuning
feature indispensible for object positioning... but it doesn't
seem fair that, simply because I use an 8 1/2 x 11 Inch typing
page, I should be stuck with big jumps across the page when I
go to move objects ?
     Hopefully, such an addition to the code wouldn't be too
difficult... I'm just speaking from a practical user standpoint.