[Scribus] scribus 1.3.* /&/ ng object problem

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Aug 6 22:07:48 CEST 2006

On Sunday 06 August 2006 21:22, stu seven wrote:
> +    One of the most useful among Scribus features, I consider,
> has been the function allowing accurate repositioning of objects
> in a document, via  up/down  left/right  arrow keys...
>   ...in the newer Scribus' I have installed - 1.3.3.1 and NG - this
> function seems to be missing, with nothing I can see in the
> menus to reset it ?
>      What I get now, instead of one Pixel per keystroke is one
> INCH per keystroke, left-or-right  up-or-down... of course, the object
> can still be moved manually, but this is a weak substitute.
>
>      Am I missing this setting it in one of the menus, or is this
> possibly a hardcoded error ?  I can imagine some zealous coder
> mistaking ONE pixel for ONE inch - currently how the program
> behaves.

No mistakes, no zealous coders...

>      Short of loading the older Scribus, anybody know a way to
> fix this setting ?

It now matches the behaviour in the controls on the palettes, ie:
with no modifier key, by 1.0 unit (in this case inches)
Ctrl, by 10.0 units
Shift by 0.1 units
Ctrl Shift 0.01 units

I haven't yet decided if for inches we should divide by 10 for those values.
Thoughts?

Craig