[Scribus] language comment

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 28 18:50:38 CEST 2006

Le Tigre wrote:
> I remember that in november 2005 when I came to Scribus I asked wether
> we could make a different mailing list, only in French, and the devs
> sais that it was better to keep only 1 list, multilingual.
> I remember that I saw some messages in German, in Portguese, and I
> thought that was good for people who speak this language and are lost in
> English.

My sense of the final consensus was that the most important person to
understand the question and the answer is the poser of the question, and
this could be impeded by forcing someone to translate badly Q and/or A.
All the rest of us are just bystanders. In the end, the list is here to
help.
The fact that the question/issue keeps coming up is a sign that the list
is still alive (ie, evergreen).

Greg