[Scribus] What is needed for compiling Scribus ?

avox avox
Fri Apr 28 11:59:12 CEST 2006

Meechmunchie wrote:

>>> Damn. The newest version for my favourite system is Qt 2.3.0.
>
>> Without Qt 3.3, you can forget it, unfortunately. You will need Qt4 soon
>> too...
>
> It that case it means that there will be never (?) a Scribus for Be-OS
> based Systems.
>     :-(

Well, you can try to compile Qt/X11 on BeOS/Zeta.
For example on OSX there are two Qts: Qt/Mac  for the native
Aqua window system and Qt/X11 for the X server. Once you
have a running X11 on BeOS/Zeta that should be doable.
That's why I included "patience" in my list! :-)

> Just another content for the FAQ.
>     ;-)

Err, AFAIK the 'F' in FAQ stands for "frequently" !
;-)

/Andreas