[Scribus] cannot select text in PDF created from Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Apr 26 00:36:04 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 00:07 schrieb Zbigniew Szalbot:
> Hi there again,
>
> On 25 Apr 2006 at 23:15, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Did you try to link a manually created text frame with an
> > automatically created one?
>
> No, I start a new document, press T, draw a frame, double click, type
> something, click outside the box, repeat the process for another frame,
> press N, select the other frame and the warning message appears.
>
> Thanks for your patience!

Hi Zbigniew,

I think I finally figured out what you are doing wrong. Both frames you want
to link contain text, don't they? In this case, you can't link them. Linking
means letting text flow from one frame to another. So if you want to export
all text from your document, and this text resides in different frames, You
have to export the content of each frame separately. The exception are linked
frames, but this is continuously flowing text.

I have to admit that the error message is quite confusing, though.

> Warm regards,
>
> Zbigniew Szalbot

HTH,

Christoph