[Scribus] cannot select text in PDF created from Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Apr 25 19:44:01 CEST 2006

Hi Zbigniew,

Am Dienstag, 25. April 2006 19:17 schrieb Zbigniew Szalbot:
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed Scribus for Windows - thank you for making this
> software available. I am working on a 1.3.3.1 version with default setup. I
> find that when I enter some text in Scribus and then make it into PDF, the
> text in PDF cannot be selected and copied.

Have you embedded all fonts at export time?

> I'd appreciate information as to what I may be doing wrong.
>
> There is an option that I miss - namely - is there a way to export all text
> from scribus file as simple text? I find it useful at times and cannot do
> it unless I edit it text box, copy text and paste into a word processing
> software.

You can export text from a selected frame by using "File > Export > Save Text"
or in the Story Editor via "File > Save to file"

> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Warm regards,

HTH,

Christoph