[Scribus] a different kind of Scribus reference

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Sun Apr 23 23:11:12 CEST 2006

Hi Greg,

On 4/20/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> For example, one might start with the topic/heading "Text frame",
> then compile a collection of all the things you might do with/to a text frame, starting with
> creation, of course, but including text entry from various sources, manipulation of contents,
> shape, position, linking, and so forth.

If you use Outlook on your Windows PC AND if you install Google
Desktop (Search) on it AND you receive Scribus mailing list messages
via your Outlook client (e.g. using GMail for POP3 access in Outlook
or perhaps hotmail???) then you can search right on your Desktop -
without connecting to the Internet - the Scribus-related emails (or
Scribus Documentation) residing in your Outlook or desktop - giving
results similar to what you are thinking - cross-referenced and
inter-linked - if I understood you correctly, that is.  You can search
_anything_ like that.  I used it quite a lot and it's been a real-time
saver.

AFAIK, Google Search is not available for Linux yet.

--
Best regards,

Asif