[Scribus] a different kind of Scribus reference

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Fri Apr 21 09:42:30 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman schrieb:

> Something I've been tossing around in my head is a concept of a
> different sort of reference than documentation in Scribus itself or some
> of the tutorials.

[...]
> Does anyone else think this is a worthwhile endeavor?
>
> Greg

Yes, Gregory, absolutely :-) This reminds me of the concept of
documentations for graphical development environments like C++, QT,
Gambas etc.

You mentioned those functions that are similar to different objects. I
think this could be solved by means of cross-references, like it is done
for programming environments. My guess would be that the language had to
be varied, i. e. a way of describing the graphical elements of Scribus
as formally as necessary but as "graphically" as possible has to be found.

Do you think of a wiki to do this, maybe a restricted one? A simple
example for this can be found on http://gambasdoc.org/help where I am
currently translating the language index into German.

Probably I can help here, too.

Regards

Rolf