[Scribus] Restricted documentation license (was: a different kind of Scribus reference)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Apr 21 14:09:57 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 21. April 2006 11:05 schrieb gregor FELLENZ:
> > Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > > The licence allows free distribution, including translation, but
> > > has some restrictions regarding reformed German spelling,
> > > notifications to the author (i. e. me) if any major changes are
> > > applied, and another restriction with respect to commercial
> > > printing.
>
> [...]
>
> > Yes and this *was* a very carefully thought out decision. In
> > Christian's case, I find this type of license entirely reasonable.
>
> jusdt for clarification, what is the point? reformed german spelling or
> comercial printing :-) (im not intending a debate about it).

It's both. You can distribute it, you can cange it, you can print it out for
teaching purposes. The three restrictions are: 1) no conversion to reformed
German spelling (including use for teaching purposes) 2) no inclusion of
texts or images that may violate the rights of others, and 3) no commercial
printing.

All three items are covered by German copyright law, so these are just
clarifications for those who are not familiar with the law. The point with
reformed German spelling needed to be added after some German ministries of
education had to be told by courts that a conversion of texts to reformed
spelling without the author's permission is a violation of copyrights. Some
people and state agencies in this country seem to believe laws are not valid
for them.

> cheers,
> gregor

Cheers,