[Scribus] a different kind of Scribus reference

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Apr 21 02:54:26 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 21. April 2006 02:24 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> Something I've been tossing around in my head is a concept of a
> different sort of reference than documentation in Scribus itself or some
> of the tutorials.
>
> The idea is to take the individual design elements of DTP as used in
> Scribus, then create an explanatory listing of the operations that are
> pertinent to that element.  For example, one might start with the
> topic/heading "Text frame", then compile a collection of all the things
> you might do with/to a text frame, starting with creation, of course,
> but including text entry from various sources, manipulation of contents,
> shape, position, linking, and so forth. To be sure, some of this is
> repetitive, as in the fact that some things you can do with a text frame
> apply to any frame.
>
> It just seems that many of the questions that come through the list are
> of the type, "How do I do such-and-such with a text frame?" And that
> people are beginning with an idea of what they want to do, and trying to
> find a logical place to start.
>
> Does anyone else think this is a worthwhile endeavor?
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

I have finished a quite extensive documentation in German that basically
follows two principles: 1) describe the GUI and explain the meaning of each
menu/dialog/whatever as detailed as possible 2) explain the features related
to different objects such as text frames, image frames, polygons etc. In both
cases I use examples or at least explain the practical use of the feature. At
least I tried to do so ;)